Register to compete in the
pipe and drum competition
To register your band or yourself, complete the appropriate entry form below. ENTRY DEADLINE IS MARCH 10th, 2019!
*Solo piping competitions Grade 5 (practice chanter) through Grade 1 - Saturday
*Solo Drumming competitions Grade IV Senior - Saturday
*Band competitions - (A) Open Mini March/Strathspey/Reel (MSR), (B) Open 3-5 Minute Medley, & (C) Quick March Medley (QMM) - Saturday & Sunday
*Bagpipe Quartet competitions - (A) 3 - 5 Minute Medley & (B) Quick March Medley (QMM) - Sunday
*First Responders Band competition - Sunday
Solo Drumming competition Amateur Tenor and Bass events - Sunday
Massed Band - Parade of Clans - Saturday 3-21-20 at 1:00 p.m. Form up in the Scottish Village area near northeast corner of festival grounds. Massed drum salute immediately following.
Awards ceremony - Sunday 2-22-20 at 3:00 p.m.
Complete the registration form below to participate in the Scottish Drumming Workshop and/or the Solo Drumming Competition Demonstration. Entry fee for the drumming workshop is $10. There is no fee to participate in the solo drumming competition demonstration. Festival admission is required. Workshop instruction by Ed Best.
COMPETITION RULES AND INFORMATION
1. No one may compete unless he or she is wearing appropriate Highland dress to include kilt, hat, tie and jacket (optional). EXCEPTION: Grade V Solo competitors (practice chanter only) are not required to wear Highland dress.
2. Competitors must be ready when called to compete or be disqualified.
3. Decisions by the judges and stewards will be final. The Competition Committee reserves the right to alter or cancel any event.
4. The rules of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association (EUSPBA) are used as a guide to conduct the solo piping and band events. The events are not sanctioned by the EUSPBA. The Contest Committee reserves the right to disqualify any competitor guilty of misconduct.
5. Band draws will be at 11:00 on Saturday 3-21-19 in the Piping Registration Tent.
6. Order of Play will be posted at the Piping Registration Tent. Check in with the steward before your event. Be ready when called to compete.
7. Entry Deadline is March 10th, 2020. No Field Entries. $25 late fee.
8. Band travel allowance is as follows:
*$100 to the first 4 bands traveling 51 to 100 miles to the festival
*$200 to the first 4 bands traveling 101 to 200 miles to the festival
*$250 to the first 3 bands traveling 201 to 300 miles to the festival
*$300 to the first 2 bands traveling over 301 miles to the festival
DETERMINED BY DATE OF REGISTRATION
9. Band registration must include band roster
10.To receive travel money, each band must participate in the Opening Ceremony at 1:00 on Saturday and the Closing Ceremony at 3:00 on Sunday. Tune set for Opening Ceremony (Parade of Clans) is Scotland the Brave (high hand version), Rowan Tree and Wings repeated as necessary. Closing Ceremony tune is Amazing Grace.
11. All solo competitors and band members registered to compete on or before February 14th, 2020, may purchase one adult festival entry ticket for a family member of friend at 50% discount ($5). Link to purchase discounted ticket is at the bottom of this page.
12. First Responder Pipe Bands must have band membership of at least 50% active or retired police, fire, paramedic or EMT to qualify for competition. First Responder bands are required to field at least four (4) pipers, one snare and one bass.
Solo Piping events begin on Saturday at 9:00 am
Drumming Seminar held on Saturday from 9:00 am to 12:00 PM
Solo Drumming events begin on Saturday at 1:00 pm
Pipe Band events begin on Saturday at 3:00 pm
Piping Quartet events begin on Sunday at 10:30 am
Amateur Tenor and Bass Drumming events begin on Sunday at 11:00 am
Pipe Band events begin on Sunday 3-22-20 at 2:00 pm
First Responder Pipe Band competition band minimum requirements: 4 pipers, one snare, one bass
Piping Quartet per event:
1st place $100
2nd place $75
3rd place $50
Pipe Band per event:
1st place $250
2nd place $175
3rd place $125
Amateur Grade V (practice chanter only) - $15 (flat fee)
Solo Piping Competitor Grade IV through I - $25 (flat fee)
Bagpipe Quartet (per event) - $30
Pipe Band (per event) - $45
No cash prizes awarded to amateur solo piping contestants. Competitors will be awarded trophies and/or medals.
Judging Panel will determine the band to be awarded the Douglass Cup based upon a compilation of scores from all events contested by each band.
Entry deadline: March 10, 2020.
Please direct all questions regarding Pipe and Drum competitions to Douglass Cup Pipe and Drum Competition Director Rose Adams at email@example.com